We are menu planners. It helps organize our week so it is one less thing we have to think about. With full time jobs and two young kids, we don’t have time to run to the store for a missing ingredient. We don’t even have time for the ago old discussion: “What do you want for dinner?” “I don’t know. What do you feel like?”
If anyone has a busy life, I’m sure your meals are like ours. Breakfasts are easy and typically on the go. Lunches are at work or daycare, so they have to be made in advance. Dinners during the week need to be quick or already made. We typically make them on the weekends and double them up so we just reheat when we get home.
For the Whole 30, we aren’t going to change our planning or preparations, just our meals. We are using this grocery list as a guide…it is so helpful!
Here is what we are doing for Day 1-7:
- hard boiled eggs
- fruit like berries, bananas, apples, melon, and pomegranate
- BLT Salad with avocado and lemon as dressing
- Chicken Tortilla Soup without the tortillas and a side salad
- Cut up vegetables like carrots, peppers, celery, and broccoli
- Veggie Smoothie
Dinner (we double these so we can have leftovers for lunch or another dinner)
- Bun-less Hamburger with veggies and lettuce wrap with oven baked sweet potato fries
- Frittata with whatever veggies we feel like
- Asian Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Thai Basil Chicken
I am concerned with being hungry and with eating so much meat! We will see what happens.