Wow, I made it a week! That’s pretty unbelievable. There were some bad moments, particularly cravings on day 2 and 3, anger on day 6, and exhaustion spread throughout. But, starting this second week, I am feeling okay. What I have noticed is fewer “low blood sugar moments,” if that is a thing. I want sugar, sure, but I don’t feel like I need it. It is nice not to feel like that.
Last night was hard for both Andy and me because it was Saturday night. We don’t go out because the girls are in bed by 7:30, but we typically stay up late and have a beer or glass of wine (or 4) and eat a little late night snack. It’s fun and it is something to do just the two of us. Without the alcohol and food as motivation to stay awake, we probably would have went to bed at 8:00 like we did most of this week. Instead, we watched a new TV show, Agent Carter, and that kept us awake. We weren’t too focused on it because we were so tired. It will be interesting to see how this week unfolds since we are supposed to be gaining more energy!
This week, here is our food plan…because without a plan, we will fall flat on our faces:
- Mini Egg Pizzas with pepperoni and cherry tomatoes
- Curried Cream of Broccoli Soup with a big old side salad (I am worried about the lack of protein in this soup. We may change up the recipe or adapt our lunch menu after Monday if we are feeling hungry mid day.)
- Lara Bars (the gluten free versions have very few ingredients, all compliant)
- Veggie sticks
- Salmon with Mango and Avocado Salsa with green beans
- Chocolate Chili…this tastes a lot like Cincinnati chili, we may put it over zucchini noodles
- Sweet Potato with ghee topped with cut up broccoli, carrots, celery, peppers in a tomato based sauce with taco seasoning