Another week, another menu. We are trying to keep things new and exciting, but I feel like there are only so many ways to cooks a chicken. We are also sticking to ground beef and poultry because I feel like that is all I can handle as a recovering vegetarian. We are also changing some of our food choices—more here–but that is just cutting out eggs, seeds, nuts, tomatoes, peppers, and white potatoes. What’s a few more things I can’t eat? Well, here’s to another delicious week…
- Fruit and Veggie Smoothie
- Turkey Sausage (with some adaptations to the recipe since some of the spices are seeds)
- Veggie sticks
- BLT Salad–we finally found some bacon that doesn’t contain sugar!
- apple slices
- sliced veggies and fruits
- Thai Basil Chicken
- Vegetable Soup/Stew (we will through whatever vegetables we have in a pot with some chicken broth and spices)
- Meatloaf with a side of steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
We are menu planners. It helps organize our week so it is one less thing we have to think about. With full time jobs and two young kids, we don’t have time to run to the store for a missing ingredient. We don’t even have time for the ago old discussion: “What do you want for dinner?” “I don’t know. What do you feel like?”
If anyone has a busy life, I’m sure your meals are like ours. Breakfasts are easy and typically on the go. Lunches are at work or daycare, so they have to be made in advance. Dinners during the week need to be quick or already made. We typically make them on the weekends and double them up so we just reheat when we get home.
For the Whole 30, we aren’t going to change our planning or preparations, just our meals. We are using this grocery list as a guide…it is so helpful!
Here is what we are doing for Day 1-7:
- hard boiled eggs
- fruit like berries, bananas, apples, melon, and pomegranate
- BLT Salad with avocado and lemon as dressing
- Chicken Tortilla Soup without the tortillas and a side salad
- Cut up vegetables like carrots, peppers, celery, and broccoli
- Veggie Smoothie
Dinner (we double these so we can have leftovers for lunch or another dinner)
I am concerned with being hungry and with eating so much meat! We will see what happens.